Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie

After the pumpkin smoothie, I decided to try a strawberry smoothie. Sooooo simple. Soooo yummy.

No pictures yet because I keep drinking it all before I remember I'm supposed to take a picture. Oops!

Ingredients for 1 to 2 Servings:

  • 1/2 cup Frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 cup Plain or vanilla Greek yogurt (such as Stonyfield's Oikos brand or Fage)
  • 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream (or other dairy substitute)
  • 1 tablespoon Smuckers Reduced Sugar Strawberry Jam
  • 1 tablespoon Ground flaxseed

Instructions

1.Puree the strawberries. I like to set them out on the counter for an hour or two so they aren't rock hard.

2.Add the vanilla, cream and jam. Blend.

3.Blend in the flaxseeds and serve.

If you double or triple the recipe, this will keep nicely in the fridge (sans flaxseeds) for a quick breakfast on the go. Just don't add the flaxseeds as they gum up and form yucky clumps over time.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm sounds great! I add protein to mine - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete