Saturday, August 20, 2011

Low Carb Appetizer: String Beans and Hummus


Depending on your low carb plan, hummus may or may not be 'forbidden'. However, it is relatively low carb and an easy way to throw together a party appetizer everyone will enjoy. I say go for it.

Which is exactly what I did on our recent vacation. Green beans are great hummus dippers. I wouldn't have guessed they would be so tasty, but wow, they are really yummy.

People gobbled them up, thrilled with the flavor and the fact that this was a truly good-for-you delicious snack.

Ingredients
  • 12 to 16oz of store-bought or homemade hummus
  • 1 1/2 lbs Green beans (I used one package each of green and yellow beans with the stems already trimmed for me)

Instructions

1.Bring a pot of water to a boil.

2.Quickly blanch beans for roughly 2 minutes. I found one minute wasn't enough, but 2 minutes had them still crispy yet not too hard.

3.Remove beans from water with tongs.

4. Arrange on a plate and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment