Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Low Carb Thanksgiving Menu

Here's what's on deck for us this Thanksgiving. I'm keeping our home Thanksgiving mostly low carb and we'll indulge at bit in stuffing and potatoes at the extended family get together.

-Green salad, either pear and gorgonzola with pecans or a grapefruit and arugula salad
-Roasted Turkey Breast with gravy made from drippings
-Roasted sweet potatoes flavored with cinnamon, oranges, and brown sugar
-Green beans with bacon and shallots
-Mashed cauliflower casserole (this one is iffy as the menu is looking rather full already, I'm not sure we can eat all this food!)

In addition to the sweet potatoes, carbier menu items include:

-Winter fruit salad
-Pumpkin pie

What are you having for Thanksgiving this year? Have I missed any good recipes?

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't dream of leaving cranberry sauce off the Thanksgiving menu! Homemade cranberry sauce is simple and there are plenty of low carb recipes out there.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good catch Maria! I forgot about the cranberries. I love cranberries!

    Thanks for the reminder.

    M

    ReplyDelete