Monday, January 10, 2011

Low Carb Kids: Lunch with Vegetables that Were Actually Consumed! By Actual Children!


Here's the lunch I made my toddler today and it was a major SCORE! I am a very happy momma.

The menu?

  • Low Carb Swedish meatballs (recipe forthcoming)
  • Kiwi
  • Veggie stacker crackers
  • Water

The veggie stacker crackers were a divine inspiration. I used a garden veggie cream cheese as glue for a lettuce-cheese-lettuce stack.

Yes there were crackers. The highest fiber ones I could find. Small ones and I'm okay with some carbs in the toddler's diet.

The toddler helped assemble the crackers which helped pique her interest in actually eating them. I also promised her she wouldn't even taste the lettuce, which was true.

I have lots of ideas on how to expand on this idea. Finally a Good Idea when it comes to getting toddlers to eat their veggies.

By the way, here's my lunch. Which was equally delish. Swedish meatballs and sliced green pepper with some garden ranch dip.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea for the kids lunch!! Really looking forward to your Swedish meatball recipe too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The meatball recipe should be up in a few days.

    M

    ReplyDelete