Here's a simple meal that will stick to your ribs. I have become a big fan of pork chops with gravy and have come up with a spice blend for pork chops that is really tasty.
Ingredients for 4-6 servings
For the pork chops:
- 6 Pork chops
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Button mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsps. flour
For the cauliflower:
- 2 bags frozen cauliflower
- 1 pkg. cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- Durkee fried onions
1. Oil large frying pan and heat on medium heat.
2.Chop onion and throw into pan.
3.Mix dry spices on plate and dip pork chops to coat.
4.Sear pork chops until brown. 2 minutes each side.
5.Transfer pork chops to casserole dish.
6.Add mushrooms to onions in pan and saute.
7. Add the stock and scrape pan before adding cream and whisking in the flour.
Note: Don't reduce to gravy in the pan, just heat to incorporate, the gravy will cook down in the oven.
8.Pour gravy over chops.
9.Bake at 350F for about 40-45 minutes.
10. When you start to heat the oil in the frying pan for the chops, heat water to boil and cook the cauliflower until done.
11. Once chops are in the oven, mash the cauliflower with the cream cheese. (Don't dawdle here, you want to get this into the oven so it's done the same time as the chops!)
12. Mix in cheese and transfer to casserole dish.
13. Top with Durkee fried onions and bake for 25-30 minutes.